Mechazens on Soulseek
Soulseek is a file sharing client.
The following is a list of Metachat members that are also on Soulseek, and their user name there.
- agropyron (same)
- box (kookbox)
- grabbingsand (benzoate)
- iconomy (same)
- jonmc (same)
- kenko (btrumjuggler)
- kmellis (same)
- kyleg (pyth0n)
- lilywing13 (same)
- matildaben (same)
- mayfly wake (mayflywake)
- nobody (nobodybutyours)
- panoptican (same)
- Quartermass (quartermass)
- stilicho (same)
- sciurus (thejakalope)
- court siem (courtsiem)
There is a Metachat room. The room is basically an IRC channel tied into slsk, so you can browse the other users' files, or use the "search for files in room" feature.
To use it do the following:
- Open the Rooms window.
- Refresh the Rooms window to see all rooms.
- Right-click on the Room name column to sort.
- Look for "metachat". If nobody's online it might not be there.
- If there, right click to Join.
- If not there, right click to Create Room. Name it "metachat" (lowercase)
- Once in the room, right click in the room window and click "Toggle autojoin". This will let you join automatically just by logging on.
According to Soulseek support, there are currently two Soulseek servers. Accordingly:
My mate is shown as offline though I am sure that he is online! In almost every case the reason for this is you and your mate being connected to different servers. Currently there are two servers running: The main server which client version 156c connects to, and the test server which is used by client version 157a and higher. Make sure that you and your mate are connected to the same one.
In other words, fellow mechazens may show as online or offline depending on which version of the software you are running. Check the talk page for more discussion on this.