Grown Up Geek Girl Birthday Ideas in Seattle?
OMG I am going insane! My birthday is the 16th and I have been so busy with a friend's Big Gay Wedding wedding that I haven't even THOUGHT about what to do. Since the year before last I was at my grandfather's funeral on my birthday and the year after that I was having a nasty MS relapse, I really want to do something special this year to balance out the suck! →
I have spent the whole morning trying to find something AWESOMELY fun to do but can't seem to find anything. I have checked the Woodland Park Zoo, the Seattle Aquarium, EMP and the SciFi museum, Argosy Harbor Cruises, Pacific Science Center, and Gameworks to no avail (none of them seem to offer a special tour or party for adults). I also thought about something like one of those paint-it-yourself pottery places, but a friend of mine just did that 2 weeks ago for her birthday, and the same people will be at my party, so...
If ANYONE has any suggestions please please please let me know!
It should be:
1. Less than $10 or $20 per person, since Mr. Evilcupcakes and I want to pay for or defray the cost our guests' admission.
2. Something that is unique, geeky, or creative.
3. Something that doesn't require a specific level of fitness (no hiking or bungee jumping).
4. Something we can do on a weekend, since I work in the evenings when everyone else is off.
5. Something in Seattle or North Seattle / South Snohomish County area.
6. Something that can accomodate about 20 people (my house is to damn small)