Which book should I read first?
I'm going to the Caribbean on holidays for a couple of weeks, and have picked the thickest books (that I won't read at home, as they make my work bag too heavy) from my to-be-read pile to take with me, but can't choose one to start with. Which would you read first of:→
- Edward Rutherford - London
- China Mieville - Perdido Street Station
- Audrey Niffenegger - The Time Traveler's Wife
- Umberto Eco - The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana
- Carl Hiaasen - omnibus of Tourist Season, Double Whammy and Skin Tight
- Alan Hollinghurst - The Line of Beauty
- Marina Warner - Alone Of All her Sex: The Myth and Cult of the Virgin Mary
I've read other books by most of these authors before and they're all good, and really can't choose. Help me, MeCha!