How's your weekend been? →
Mine : busy.
1. Friday night - piano bar. Home at 3am. In bed at 4.30am.
2. Saturday morning - up at 8.30am to get to Costco as it opened. Mission accomplished, I got the few things I needed without having to queue for hours.
3. Saturday afternoon - I made gluten-free chocolate chip pumpkin blondies to give to a friend.
4. Saturday evening - dinner party with friends in central London. So much fun, we played Cards Against Humanity
, which is hilarious, filthy and dark, in equal measure. There were times in the game when I had tears pouring down my face. Home at about 1am.
5. Sunday morning - up at 8am, I had to do a ton of laundry because all the clean clothes I brought back from Ohio had been washed with a detergent that gave me a rash. But I couldn't work out which of my (numerous) black and navy t-shirts, panties and socks were the ones I'd taken to Ohio, so I had to wash ALL THE THINGS!
6. Sunday mid-morning - brunch with a friend. I had the special hash - home fries, mixed with chopped up sausage, bacon, onions and mushrooms, smothered in shredded cheese and topped with two eggs. I couldn't move afterwards.
7. Sunday afternoon - I got the Christmas tree out of the shed, and put it up. I've edited the decorations from last year, and I'm really happy with how it looks.
8. Then I baked some brownies, and another batch of gluten-free chocolate chip pumpkin blondies. I've got friends coming for dinner tomorrow, so that's dessert taken care of.
9. In readiness for tomorrow's dinner, I already set the table with my Christmas crockery, a nice candle centrepiece and Christmas crackers. One less job to do when I get home from work tomorrow.
10. I wrapped gifts, made bows and wrote cards.
And it's not even 6pm!