It's doing this again →
[More:]...and has been, it seems, for two straight months. A hot, hazy, bright, muggy day followed by late afternoon/early evening thundershowers rolling in. This weather is fine summer weather...for the Midatlantic and points South. It's weird and depressing for a New England summer. Some reasons it's tiring:
1. everything in the house is damp. Get in bed at night, the sheets are damp. Go to towel off in the morning, the towels are already damp. Pick up the newspaper, it's damp. I even went to eat some crackers last night, and despite being in their box in a wax paper bag, they were soggy too, and when I bit them they bent like pieces of cardboard.
2. Late afternoon thundershowers are a shame when all day, you've been sweating through the mug and fug telling yourself you'll get some relief by heading to the beach that night.
3. Line dry my clothes to save energy? Bwahahah!
4. Wanted to havea BBQ? Bwahahahah!
5. The arts-in-the-park festival is losing a ton of money. I'm afriad they'll have to cut the budget for next year as a result.
On the upside - the plants are going crazy. Everyone's garden is tropically abundant.
But the storms are just freaky in their number and power. I'm no T-storm fraidypants, having grown up with lightning storms and blue northers, but twice this summer I have considered going to the cellar.