1. Thanks to some great support and advice I received here last week, I have spoken to an answering machine. Am awaiting return call. Thanks.
2. I had a good weekend bonding w/ my nephew.
3. I gave a part time co-worker a very small bit of money to help her make it till the end of the month - she accepted without protest. That was nice of her!
1) Daddonley gave me some great advice yesterday: "do what you love and do it with all your heart."
2) Brother going over to the community college this afternoon to take some assessment tests to place him in the right classes. He's really going to college!
3) Momdonley returned from weekend at cousin's wedding having had a fabulous time after dreading it.
1. My fiancé got his wedding suit this weekend, and I got all choked up when he tried it on.
2. We also ordered our wedding bands, from the same jeweler that did our engagement ring. The crazy part is she offered to let me borrow one of their necklaces or earrings for the wedding if I wanted! I am pretending now I'm a celebrity that needs jewels for the Oscars.
1. Car repair less expensive than imagined.
2. Unexpectedly got the afternoon at home to myself.
3. I'll get to watch Spirited Away tonight. (hasn't actually happened yet, so I'm not holding my breath).
I love fresh tattoos that are still slightly raised off the skin. I think it looks so neat.
1. My coworker told me I've been looking skinnier. I guess all this stress is good for something.
2. July, my most terrible month on record so far, is almost over. August has just got to be better.
3. I found a nice potential roommate over the weekend. I just emailed her and I hope she accepts!
1. I think I figured what that blobby thing is in my cells...means I'm that much closer to an actual defense!
2. I'm not even half done my bootcamp fitness program but I can already feel a big difference during the classes and just puttering in my daily life!
3. I can go home and have a nap soon!
1. Watched Persepolis, and really liked it.
2. Just got ripped off for eight bucks by someone being stupid. Sudden very rational anger made me decide it wasn't a bad time for a bloody mary.
3. Didn't diffuse the rage like other things would and i forgot my third thing as this all happened right after i wrote 1. Did let The Bees lovingly lick my face as we cuddled but i don't think that was a great idea.
Going right... um, got another piece of paper signed? Haven't checked the mail to see if something has or has not arrived? Accidental knife prick isn't deep or in need of any bandage? That's all pretty okay.
1. I found six bucks on the ground today at lunch.
2. Last night I read a madcap New Yorker story from 1968 on Euell Gibbons, who was one crazy old timey cat.
3. Time of chaos and change in the household, which is a good thing. New job for The Husband, I'm into my $$$$ directing gig to combat the inflations.
Bonus: My trainer thinks I have "dumb butt" or more accurately "short bus butt" or generously "consumer math butt." This means the gluteus maximus doesn't respond in typical fashion to typical exercises - surrounding muscles compensate instead. She has some ideas for next time, though. I might ask her for a note - "Please excuse rainbaby's big ass. She has dumb butt."
1. the mister did frighteningly well in his first "official" road bike race on Saturday, and enjoyed it so much that now he can't wait for the next one (he's technically a mountain biker however [mode= DARTH VADER] I now believe that his conversion to the dark side is complete [/DARTH VADER]).
2. I did frighteningly well at the whole stage race this past weekend, plus my teammates are the best party animals I know.
3. the only thing more fun than tearing up small mountain towns during 3-day weekends with my awesome party animal teammates is tearing up small mountain towns during 3-day weekends with my awesome party animal teammates + mr. lfr.
haha rainbaby my trainer told me the exact same thing. wanna know what I got prescribed for it?
yep, that's right. one-legged squats, using a yoga ball behind the back. those suck, a lot.
oh and I had to do a bunch of those awesome butterfly kicks with the big scary machine, too.
and wobble boards. lots and lots of wobble boards.
dumb butt isn't as fun as it sounds, actually. I was told it was a function of being a cyclist (read: a lazy mofo who mostly sits down during workouts) and so I got told to do more weightbearing: hiking, walking, stairs, etc.
Rainbaby, i understand. It's true, that's why form is such a big deal. Try butt clenching exercises. When you've harassed your glutes sufficently, they will twitch and it will be a reminder. An annoying consistent reminder.
1. I am listening to the unabridged version of Ruth Reichl's, Garlic and Sapphires. It is really entertaining. My husband and I listened to a huge hunk while I cleaned and he put together a new cabinet for books I bought.
2. I am going to the movies with my sister. My kids and husband are going to the ballgame with my parents.
3. We must leave now. I will eat popcorn and Milk Duds.
1. One of my employees resigned, which wouldn't normally be a thing going right, but in this case it was one of the few remaining possible resolutions to a bunch of longstanding problems, and I think it'll be best for everyone.
2. I just bought tickets to visit some pals at the end of August.
3. Two great things about Summer Reading Club: it's been very successful this year, and it's almost over.