1. At my teeth cleaning, my hygenist was pretty questionable. She kept dropping things in my hair and dripping fluoride on me, and lost hold of the polish at one point, flinging it somewhere. But my teeth feel clean.
2. Still shocked at my supermarket bill. i grabbed a bag of usually $4 cherries that were over $7 and i'm not sure what else was so damn expensive. Toilet paper? i didn't get much of anything.
3. There is no way my phone charge can last longer than hold time. Tomorrow i'm planning to be on the phone all damn day. And i should do some laundry.
1. I have this need to rant about this one thing in particular, but I can't do it here, because it smacks of over-privilege and conflating gender issues with other issues, and I kind of hate myself for wanting to rant about it, but I need to get it off my chest, so I might have to resurrect MOFB.
2. I keep getting that feeling in my throat like you do when you don't swallow a pill properly and it feels like it's still there. But I haven't taken any pills today, and I've drunk a whole load of water to try and move it, but nothing doing.
3. I crossed two things off my list of things to do before I finish up at work. Four things to go, but two of them are big. I think I will work at home tomorrow so I can work on one of the big things without people interrupting me.
typewriter: please please please please post pictures of your guinea pig in headgear once you get it on him. Or even just a video of you trying to put it on him. That would make my day so much better. I am sorry he is ailing though.
1. Already got really frustrated about work this morning and had to stop to take a walk around the block.. Random new problems have arisen that have been keeping me from the work I planned to do today.
2. Seeing Wilco at Tanglewood tomorrow which should be fun.
3. Putting off emailing back various people. I should just do it but I don't want to.
Yes, I will post pics! The headgear is supposed to help support his jaw a bit so that he (re)learns how to use his back teeth properly. The little piggy doing okay, but his teeth are growing 1mm a week and no signs of stopping!
1. I ordered a cheapish chaise lounge today just so I don't miss spending time outside for the remainder of the summer in my new backyard. Yay backyard!
2. Life cereal doesn't taste so great. Milk doesn't taste so great. The two together make me feel a tiny pinprick of explosive light in my brain.
3. First ever block party! I live in a block party neighborhood!
1) Was supposed to go see long-not-seen friend in Santa Barbara today with only-very-rarely-seen other friend, but long-not-seen friend wasn't returning calls and we aborted the mission! Aaaaargh! I'm only here for like three more weeks, people - respect my limited-commodity-ness!
2) Ordered a new Macbook to replace the one stolen in Latvia. Same model, newer OS, and a little cheaper since I'm not getting Applecare right away and already have the case and adapters, which the thieves didn't manage to snatch. Also thinking about getting this anti-theft/recovery thing.
3) Going to lunch at a Filipino restaurant tomorrow! Excited! Never had Filipino food before! Yum!
1. I've made the decision to make real, hardcore plans for an epic trip to Europe. (No, I have not discussed this with my parents yet and don't plan to until I ask for a ride to the airport and my passport.)
2. That said, I really didn't get much done at work today because I was quite busy trolling old AskMefi questions. Also, my coworker really didn't do much, for whatever reason.
3. I'm concerned about how expensive this trip is potentially going to be. But goddamnit, I'm going to make it happen. I need to get out on my own.
1. Had to skip a training day because of blisters, too. I had every intention of turning on FitTv and doing some stretching routine, but, meh.
2. Instead, I have wasted countless hours on the book finding application on Facebook. I am trying to recompose a list I had made years ago from memory. What a timesuck.
3. I feel virtuous for having prepped and frozen wads and wads of fresh summer vegetables over the weekend for consumption during winter months. I feel like a squirrel preparing her nest for hibernation. Maybe that's just because I have acorns tucked into my cheeks.
1. I was supposed to go to bootcamp but I stayed home and made dinner for my sister and nephew.
2. I am intrigued by the question on AskMe that links to a study that says you can be a master of anything if you practice two hours per day for ten years. I'm trying to decide what I want to master. I'm trying to decide what my kids should master. :-)
3. I'm thinking of ways to entertain myself tonight. Either the book I'm reading or recorded shows of Mad Men, or both.
1. v. worried about typewriter's guinea pig.
2. jonmc's #2: huh?
3. Otto was denutted last week, bouncing off the walls less than 24 hours later.
4. I like my new blackberry.
5. I met with a potential client Saturday and it went well! And I actually had fun sketching out a couple of plan options for her new kitchen!
6. the new QB for Green Bay looks like Jake Gyllenhal. I do not know how to spell it.
7. Otto chased the shadow of a big yellow butterfly today. It made me think of that Heart song.
1. Had a wonderful weekend visiting my mom and wishing her a happy birthday.
2. During that trip, I paid a little visit to my grandmother, my only surviving grandparent, whom I haven't seen in ages.
3. Returned to New York on Sunday evening. Some fucking Penn Station skell got up in my face while I was buying a ticket home.
Skell: CAN I ASK YOU A QUESTION?
JP: (blank look)
Skell: CAN I ASK YOU A QUESTION?
Skell: CAN I ASK YOU A QUESTION?
JP: (slowly) You need to get out of my personal space. Because that's . . . not good, man. Not good.
(Skell thinks better of the whole thing, walks away with head downcast)
4. Work really sucked today. So I walked down to the river to watch the boats. That always calms me down. There weren't that many boats but I did see this really cool pooch in a park. She was the most adorably hideous bulldog I've ever seen. Cheered me right up!
1. I think I have finally managed to stop eating brie. (Not forever, just for right now. It was touch and go for a while there, though.)
2. I had my first day at my new internship today, and it was awesome. I'll be doing therapy through a hospice, and being there just made me remember exactly why I wanted to become a therapist and I'm really looking forward to working with clients as the weeks progress.
3. I should probably go start cooking dinner. Lamb steaks! Roasted potatoes! Chard sauteed with garlic! Yay! (Except OMG I ate too much brie.)
1. Mela yesterday! Saw the most beautiful, beautiful saris and danced til my legs were sore.
2. So thinking about bhangra dancing again. I did it for six months a few years ago and loved it, but moved too far away. There has to be a class nearby where I'm living now though.
3. It's 2am. I just got woken up (on call) by someone scared by a noise. Bah. But it's her first flat on her own, she moved in a week ago, she's only 24 and has Down syndrome so, y'know. No-one better call in sick early in the morning though! I'm sleeping in.
1. Been watching lots of old Miami Vice on Hulu. I think I'm going to wind up disliking Edward James Olmos' character, though.
2. We're already short one person at work (fully staffed, we've got nine). In the next few weeks, we'll lose two more employees and hire two replacements. Hiring is always harrowing, but also lots of fun, if you can look at it from the right angle. Understaffedness, though, is no fun for anybody.
3. I'm anxious for the bike I bought on Ebay to arrive.
chewie: Sorry to make you worried about my pig! He is okay, but he will require constant care. Here is the most recent photo of him. (He gets a 'booster' of nutrients once a day through a syringe.) ≡ Click to see image ≡
Heehee! He is a cutie.
I like the mohawk and the pleading "No more!" look on his face.
The nutrients on his face (and the towel) look like the Critical Care I had to give my rabbit once. I hope he took it better than mine and that you got at least as much in him as I have still embedded in my couch!
It is Critical Care! This was a couple of weeks ago, so he is quite used to it now, which means at least 90% makes it into his mouth. He is quite a ridiculous animal especially with all this upcoming care, but-whaddaya-going-to-do? I remind him sometimes that they eat guinea pigs in South America but he is non-plussed by this fact.
Aw.. cute guinea pig! I hope he takes OK to his headgear.
And I hope whatever is bothering gaspode sorts itself out.
1. The New Pornographers concert on Saturday was awesome, but MAN did I hate the opening act. OMG...hated him so much.
2. I had Jury Duty today (or Judy Duty as the girl calls it). It was actually a lovely experience and the staff at the courthouse really bent over backwards to make things as pleasant as possible for everyone.
3. I yelled fiercely at the girl today and feel just awful about it. She took off running from me in a parking lot and I just completely lost my temper. Screaming like a frustrated lunatic is not effective parenting. :-(
1. Am looking forward to coming up to Maine on Friday.
2. It looks like the vulture who owns the penthouse is building SOMETHING over my master bedroom (originally part of the terrace) and I wasn't informed.
3.Was invited to my mother's 65th birthday party when she knows full well that I want nothing more to do with her.
The Subway Inn is fine, but if you want old school dive bar you need to get your ass to Phil Hughes right up in the heart of the UES. Its incongruity with the neighbourhood always cracks me up. I used to say hi to the old men having their first beer of the day when I walked past on the way to the subway.
He will definitely not make it, since he works 'til late Saturday. I have family in town this week, and the 16th was always going to be (at best) a tight squeeze for my schedule. I think I'll have to miss Skee Ball.
You guys will have such a great time at the Skee Ball Meet-up! I'm excited for you! Please win a giant novelty comb on my behalf!
1. My neighbor just called me. She wanted to know if I had any Coke that she could mix with alcohol to make a drink. She is having a stressful day. She gave me a six pack of Corona in return. I did not want to take it but she insisted. We met halfway in the road and did our swap.
2. My husband uses the lawn mower to blow the grass of the sidewalks and porch after he mows. Today he went over our welcome mat with the lawnmower. ??? It looks like a gator chomped a bite out of the corner. I loved that welcome mat.
3. Today I took my nephew to therapy. A complete stranger that works at the place (I know some of the therapists there, but she looked to be a director type and I never seen her in my life) asked me what I was reading while I was in the waiting room. I was annoyed. I'm not usually annoyed so easily, and I don't mind making chitchat with strangers, but I was. She then proceeded to tell me she loves Nora Roberts and I was like, OK, scram.