I have a bunch of soup ingredients but need further guidance. →
So it's going to be soup night here at casita mdonley, and I know I've got the right raw materials, but times/quantities escape me. Help me make soup night a tradition!
Here's what I have:
- about a pound of roasted chicken, with bones and skin, from a night or two ago
- about a pound of roasted red/white/purple potatoes, halved, from a night or two ago
- 4 oz each chopped carrots, celery, onion (yay Trader Joe's pre-chopped Mirepoix!)
- more onion, garlic, zucchini (as yet unchopped)
- bunch of dry spices
- big ol' basil plant outside
- half a stale loaf of a wheaty French boule
- big range of fancy Italian hard cheeses
- some low-sodium chicken broth, perhaps a bit less than a quart?
- butter (salted/unsalted)
- time (I'm home all day but can go to the store)
- food processor