Las Vegas Meetup
|Revision as of 18:34, 3 April 2006
Mike9322 (Talk | contribs)
← Previous diff
|Revision as of 18:46, 3 April 2006
Sciurus (Talk | contribs)
Next diff →
|Line 58:||Line 58:|
||[[User:scarabic|scarabic]]||<font color="green">'''Definite'''</font>||?||||wouldn't miss this. I have no talents or resources to offer, though.|||[[User:scarabic|scarabic]]||<font color="green">'''Definite'''</font>||?||||wouldn't miss this. I have no talents or resources to offer, though.|
|-|||[[User:sciurus|sciurus]]||<font color="red">'''Long Shot'''</font>||?||||||+|||[[User:sciurus|sciurus]]||<font color="red">'''Long Shot'''</font>||Yes|||||
||[[User:scody|scody]]||<font color="orange">'''Possible'''</font>||No||||will hopefully not be escorted away by security from any establishment for any reason|||[[User:scody|scody]]||<font color="orange">'''Possible'''</font>||No||||will hopefully not be escorted away by security from any establishment for any reason|
Revision as of 18:46, 3 April 2006
This page is your all-in-one convenient information center for the Las Vegas Mega Meetup currently planned for September. Relevant threads:
- Drumming up interest
- Agro wonders why mike is so lazy
- Follow-up #1
- TrishaLynn updates the wiki!
- TrishaLynn sweetens the deal!
- Mike updates the wiki. NOW WITH COLOR CODING!
The details so far as we know them:
- TrishaLynn's parents have a timeshare on the strip that has been offered for our use. Called the Jockey Club, it's near the corner of Las Vegas Blvd. and Bellagio Dr., right next to the Bellagio.
- The two-bedroom suite is $110/night on Friday and Saturday and $80/night during the week (Sun-Thurs.) and can sleep up to 6 people (2 queen beds, 1 king bed). The less expensive but more cozy alternative is to take a one-bedroom suite at $80/night on the weekend and $60/night on the weekday. It also sleeps up to 6 people (2 queen beds, 1 queen sleeper sofa).
- Hotel tax in Las Vegas is currently 9%. The total for one 2-bedroom suite for a Friday and Saturday night stay would be $239.80. The total for one 1-bedroom suite would be $174.40. Divided between 6 people, each person's share would be $39.97 (~$20 per night) and $29.07 respectively (rounded up to the nearest penny). If additional nights are needed, they can be arranged at your own extra cost.
- Each condo suite comes with the following ameneties: 25" TV, Air Conditioning, Alarm Clock, Cable TV, CD Player, Coffee Maker, Dishwasher, Electric Can Opener, Full Kitchen, Full Size Refrigerator, Garbage Disposal, Hair Dryer, Heating, Ironing Board with Iron, Microwave, Oven, Place Settings, Pots & Pans, Stove, Telephone, Toaster, VCR.
- We will be able to reserve more than one room at these rates.
- If guests are arriving on Thursday night, there is a possibility we may be able to get that night for free. If guests are leaving on Monday, there is a possibility we may be able to get Sunday night for free as well.
- The tentative date is the weekend of September 23. This is the weekend following TrishaLynn's birthday, and all respondents thusfar have indicated late September as acceptable. People can come and go as they please, but for meetup purposes, everyone should plan to spend at least Saturday and Sunday in LV.
Please add your name to the appropriate list below. Since, at the time of this page's publishing, the meetup is still 6 months away, it is assumed that nothing is etched in stone; but the rooms need to be booked no more 60 days in advance and the sooner we have an idea of expected turnout, the better able we will be to plan appropriately. (Also note whether you will be attaining your own accomodations.)
|agropyron & Diva Despina||Possible||No||will need to secure whuffles|
|amro||Long Shot||?||It's unlikely that I'll make it, but keep me in the loop.|
|cmonkey||Long Shot||No||I've been known to spontaneously change my mind from time to time. Should I go, I'll get my own room. With a well stocked bar and a jacuzzi pre-stocked with hookers and a floating slot machine.|
|deborah||Long Shot||Depends||The mister is taking three weeks holidays with the last day being September 25. It's possible he could take more time. If both of us are coming, we would probably drive and get our our room. If it's just me, I'll fly in. I'm not sure about lodging or transportation once I'm there.|
|essexjan||Long Shot||No||I've a friend works at the Nugget should be able to get me a cheap room, if the flight isn't too expensive|
|gaspode||Possible||Yes||will maybe need someone to convince mr g that it's a good idea for me to go|
|krix & saf||Definite||No||residents -unfortunately cannot help with lodging, but will assist in other fashions|
|mike9322||Definite||Yes||9/23-9/26 (tentative)||Interested in seeing 'O'|
|moonbird||Possible||?||will need enouragement|
|scarabic||Definite||?||wouldn't miss this. I have no talents or resources to offer, though.|
|scody||Possible||No||will hopefully not be escorted away by security from any establishment for any reason|
|TrishaLynn||Definite||Yes||To be R.A. of the women's room, assigning myself to be the hotel liaison because I've done this sort of thing before, numerous times--and it is my parents' time share property after all...|
|warbaby||Possible||?||have bar will travel|
|WolfDaddy||Long Shot||?||I'm in a friend's wedding in Tahoe, and if he decides to get married this year, it's going to be in September. And I think he's going to decide to get married this year.|