Las Vegas Meetup
|Revision as of 15:26, 28 March 2006
ThePinkSuperhero (Talk | contribs)
← Previous diff
|Revision as of 15:40, 28 March 2006
Rainbaby (Talk | contribs)
Next diff →
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
|*YouCanCallMeAl (will need lodging)||*YouCanCallMeAl (will need lodging)|
|*ThePinkSuperhero (will need lodging)||*ThePinkSuperhero (will need lodging)|
|+||*Rainbaby (would secure own lodging)|
Revision as of 15:40, 28 March 2006
This page is your all-in-one convenient information center for the Las Vegas Mega Meetup currently planned for September. Relevant threads:
The details so far as we know them:
- TrishaLynn's parents have a timeshare on the strip that has been offered for our use. The two-bedroom suite is $110/night on Friday and Saturday and $80/night during the week (Sun-Thurs.) and can sleep up to 6 people (2 queen beds, 1 king bed). The less expensive but more cozy alternative is to take a one-bedroom suite at $80/night on the weekend and $60/night on the weekday. It also sleeps up to 6 people (2 queen beds, 1 queen sleeper sofa).
- Hotel tax in Las Vegas is currently 9%. The total for one 2-bedroom suite for a Friday and Saturday night stay would be $239.80. The total for one 1-bedroom suite would be $174.40. Divided between 6 people, each person's share would be $39.97 and $29.07 respectively (rounded up to the nearest penny). If additional nights are needed, they can be arranged at your own extra cost.
- Each condo suite comes with the following ameneties: 25" TV, Air Conditioning, Alarm Clock, Cable TV, CD Player, Coffee Maker, Dishwasher, Electric Can Opener, Full Kitchen, Full Size Refrigerator, Garbage Disposal, Hair Dryer, Heating, Ironing Board with Iron, Microwave, Oven, Place Settings, Pots & Pans, Stove, Telephone, Toaster, VCR.
- We will be able to reserve more than one room at these rates.
- The tentative date is the weekend of September 23. This is the weekend following TrishaLynn's birthday, and all respondents thusfar have indicated late September as acceptable. People can come and go as they please, but for meetup purposes, everyone should plan to spend at least Saturday and Sunday in LV.
Please add your name to the appropriate list below. Since, at the time of this page's publishing, the meetup is still 6 months away, it is assumed that nothing is etched in stone; but the rooms need to be booked no more 60 days in advance and the sooner we have an idea of expected turnout, the better able we will be to plan appropriately. (Also note whether you will be attaining your own accomodations.)
- mike9322 (Bunkin' up)
- krix & saf (residents -unfortunately cannot help with lodging, but will assist in other fashions)
- TrishaLynn (To be R.A. of the women's room, assigning myself to be the hotel liaison because I've done this sort of thing before, numerous times--and it is my parents' time share property after all...)
- matildaben (needs lodging)
- warbaby (have bar will travel)
- YouCanCallMeAl (will need lodging)
- ThePinkSuperhero (will need lodging)
- Rainbaby (would secure own lodging)
- cmonkey (I've been known to spontaneously change my mind from time to time. Should I go, I'll get my own room. With a well stocked bar and a jacuzzi pre-stocked with hookers and a floating slot machine.)
- deborah (The mister is taking three weeks holidays with the last day being September 25. It's possible he could take more time. If both of us are coming, we would probably drive and get our our room. If it's just me, I'll fly in. I'm not sure about lodging or transportation once I'm there.)
- WolfDaddy (I'm in a friend's wedding in Tahoe, and if he decides to get married this year, it's going to be in September. And I think he's going to decide to get married this year.)